© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, October 23

296/365


I found so many quotes this morning when looking up the word patience. I used to often say "Patience is highly regarded and a virtue we should all pursue, but it is one virtue I do not have!" As I get older - I wish it was something I had cultivated more. I have blasts of anger at times - that are so useless and only cause hurt and anger. And then I dare judge another, for their outbursts.

I know they say you can't teach an old dog a new trick - but hopefully I am not too late to work on my ability to be patient and loving in difficult circumstances.

Here are some more of the quotes I found about patience at 'Quote Garden' that inspired me . . .

How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners and instant cameras teach patience to its young? ~ Paul Sweeney

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. ~Mac McCleary

Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off.

Beware the fury of a patient man. ~ John Dryden 1680

Patience is the companion of wisdom. ~ St. Augustine

and one of my favorites and most thought provoking for me today:

One moment of patience may ward off a great disaster.
One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life. ~ Chinese Proverb

3 comments:

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Excellent photo and quotes. Don't we all struggle with patience? It would be great if learning to be patient didn't take so long!

Darryl and Ruth : )

Dorothy said...

Very beautiful in every way!!! I like to think that I have a lot of patience. Others might say, not true!

Karin said...

Very thought provoking for sure! Seems like most of us have issues with patience - in one situation or another!