© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, July 13

194/365

TODAY AND TOMORROW

You pick your prize: Two of your favorite posts
Choose from the Library of January - June posts at Flickr (click the link)

Post a comment with your choices HERE (click the word)

Random drawing on July 15, 2010

Read more about it here: Select Two Posts Details


It always bothers me when teenagers (yes I am the mother of 3 of them, so I feel I am experienced enough to talk on the subject - although I know that all kids are different and unique) use this scripture to pound on the heads of adults who are correcting their behavior.

It is absolutely right that we do not look down on someone because of their age, or their naivety. Youth is a time of growing and learning. But how great for one so young to be able to set an example for their elders in the areas of speech, life, love, faith and purity.

There in lies the problem. Many of the kids in our congregations today look and act just like the rest of the world - in their speech, in the way they live their lives, in their love of everything that is worldly, (following right after the adults in their lives) in their faith in the world and it's offerings and in lack of purity.

So how do we influence our kids to be set apart from the world, when the congregations we worship in have them participate in activities that encourage them to act and look just like the rest of the world?

Just thoughts I have struggled with for many years - and haven't come up with an answer for - especially as I see my kids becoming more and more worldly. What is the answer??

It's heartbreaking.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I agree with this and have the same concerns of my heart. I feel the same way with the willy nilly (mis)use of "...provoke not thy child unto wrath".

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This is a deep question,one for which I don't have an answer. I do know that as a parent we want so much for our children to follow God,but we cannot make that happen.In god's own time this may come to pass.
Blessings,Ruth