© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, January 2

January 2, 2015

Day two of the New Year. We haven't got much snow, and what we did have blew all over the place yesterday with the crazy winds.

The last two weeks have been wonderfully lazy for me.  My hubby took lots of time off (take it or lose it - where he works), and the schools have been off, so there has been no subbing work for me, and most of my piano students take a break from piano lessons during the holidays.

I have had such a sense of peace each morning when I come downstairs. I turn on all the colored lights we have decorating our living room, before the sun rises. I have them on the mantel, around the large window and of course on the tree (yes my tree is still up). Larry put about 1500 little colored lights on our 8 1/2 foot Frasir Fir this year. He is such a dear. Took him over 6 hours, LOL!  But the sense of peace and calm - as I sit in the darkened room - seeps thru me - as I meditate and pray on the day.


As beautiful as the atmosphere is that we have created - with our mini colored lights, the warmth of a fireplace, the smells of baking bread and coffee filtering through the air and the comfort I take in all of that - it is all nothing compared to the peace and calm and warmth that invades my soul when I think about the love that God has for each one of us. 

In this world, it is so hard to see it. We get so caught up in the business of each day, the things that have to be done, the hobbies we have, our addictions to eating or exercise, to work, to clothes .... to .... things.

It can all be likened to winter. The colorful beauty of the green grass,  the brown and red robins, the clear water and the blue skies reflected in it, the array of flowers and plants in every imaginable color - all invisible to us with the blanket of frozen white snow and the stillness of the air.

We can't always see God and sometimes have difficulty hearing him through our 'busy'ness - but He is always there - waiting patiently for us to pay attention to Him - and the warm love and comfort He surrounds us with, the peace and joy that lives deep inside us, and the confidence we have that He always keeps His promises.

Breathe deep and sense the wonder of His Love today. Close your eyes and 'see'  how He is always there, even in the midst of turmoil. Relax in His arms, and take comfort that He is in control, He can be trusted, He will never give up on you.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Relax in His arms and take comfort that He is in control - absolutely! That's one of my favourite mental picture of my Heavenly Father! I'm His child!! He is my Abba!