© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, June 28

Saturday June 28, 2014


It is here. High School Graduation Day for my youngest son. Looking for a quote to mark the day and a photo to bring it to life has been a challenge this morning. And so here are my thoughts . . .

I could go on and on - with quotes that are all about the future and what lies ahead, chasing your dreams and taking charge. But what it all really comes down to, is the foundation we build the future on.  And so my favorite words for graduates are the words my Grandpa Hastings wrote in my autograph book - back before I was even a teenager. They are probably one of the most quoted scriptures - but in these words - such great promise lies: 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him - and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5 and 6

pairing that with the quote above, leaves one with another often quoted verse,
 "If God is for us . . . who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

Congratulations to my Jacob, and all of his friends and fellow graduates this year.
If only we all lived with these words in our hearts . . .
 



2 comments:

Karin said...

That's deeply moving as a gift to your youngest - and to all who will read this!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

All graduates would do well to heed that advice.Way to Jacob!