© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Monday, June 30

Monday June 30, 2014


Why is it, we always wait for something to end before we can start anew.  You have no doubt heard the saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life?"  This morning I am taking that to heart.

When I went to bed Saturday night after my youngest's high school graduation, I started feeling a little sad. He will be going away in the fall. My oldest is on the verge of being able to be on his own, and I know my middle son - is slowly, but successfully working towards his independence. My husband and I walked in the yard last night (a very short walk), and wondered what life will be like for just the two of us again.  Another milestone . . .

He and Jake just put up a new backboard couple of weeks ago, and we hope there will yet be many years of basketball dribbling in the driveway.  But tossing the baseball, and practicing pitching and catching - are for the most part a thing of the past now.

I thank God for the miracle of everyday we are gifted with. As I look back on 22 years of raising sons, and almost 27 years of marriage - there are a lot of things I wish I could have a 'do over' with - and yet - those are the miracles in each day that shape us to be the people we have become.

So instead of looking back - this morning I am looking ahead. A new chapter in our lives is beginning and I want to 'take the bull by the horns" and meet it head on. I have a chance to meet each day as the miracle it is, and time on my hands to change a few things for the better. I believe the journey will be a rough one at times - just like it has been in the past - but I am looking forward to the challenges, and looking forward to seeing how God is going to guide and use me in the days ahead.


3 comments:

Karin said...

Meet each day as the miracle it is - even though it may be plain, average, ordinary or seemingly insignificant. Sometimes we only learn of its unique significance in our lives after a time of deep reflection and not as we hasten through it. God bless your new chapter together!

Betsy Adams said...

Fantastic post, Val, and one which I went through myself SEVERAL years ago.... Life does change --but those changes can be GOOD ones --if you keep looking forward and not backward.... HUGs to YOU this morning...

Can I use your beautiful photo and quote on my blog post quotes this next month??? Thanks!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Life is full of never ending changes.I find that to embrace the change makes life so much better.