© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, July 9

July 9, 2013



I was wondering today - if I ever had a most favorite day. I guess there have been many. The usual ones immediately come to mind like the day I was married, and the days my boys were born. But in looking thru photos from a couple of years ago - I remember almost everything about the moment of the day when I took this photo.

It was our free day in Westendorf, Tyrol Austria. July 2011. We were in the Alps. We took a cable car ride to the top of this one mountain - where of course there was a wonderful little restaurant - where we purchased Apple Strudel. I also had the best hot chocolate I have ever had in my life - and still wish I could get some here.

But as everyone roamed around and hiked the area at the top of the mountain - I just couldn't get over how gorgeous it was to be so high in the sky - among the clouds. It was so wonderful. So peaceful ... lots of cow bells dinging ... as the cows meandered the hill.

Whenever I look at this photo - it takes me right back to that spot on the little trail - where I pointed my camera between the two tall pines and shot down towards the valley. The village below was where we were staying. The cool crisp mountain air.

The words to the song "How Great Thou Art" were on my lips that morning.

Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
consider all the works Thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power thru out - the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee.
How Great Thou art!

That moment in time - takes me back to His 'amazingness'

Ah  .... if He created all of that  ... and me .... can't I trust him to take care of a little thing like having a job to pay the bills??

Yeah - I think I can.


1 comment:

Karin said...

What a gorgeous place - simply made for our pleasure! We're so thankful to the Lord that HE will provide - the when and how we just don't know yet. I just wrote that last sentence to my daughter whose hubby is still looking for a teaching position. The wait, the applying, sending resumes, and more waiting are very draining on the whole family! Hugs!