© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Wednesday, April 3

You Might Be Interested

I love to read! Christian and Inspirational Fiction are some of my favorites. In my 'many' years as a reader - I have come across some awesome authors. One of those is Liz Curtis Higgs.

I follow her on Facebook and her blog.  This morning I saw that she is going to put together a Wednesday Bible Study that focuses on the 20 Verses you Love Most.
After everyone comments - she will tally them and then focus on a verse a week each Wednesday.  I am so excited.  So I thought I would share it with you.  Here is the Link to Liz's Blog:


The 20 Verses You Love Most | Liz Curtis Higgs
CLICK THE PHOTO TO GO TO HER PAGE


I made the following comments on her page sharing ONE of my favorites - but definitely my 'GO TO' verse  each morning as I wake:


When the bible was written – it wasn’t divided into chapters and verses and so when sharing the scripture that inspires me and keeps my head above water during trying times (and there have been toooo many!!) I have to include both verses in Proverbs 3:5-6. The second … completes the first thought. They are my heart song. “TRUST in the LORD, with ALL your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and HE will direct your paths.” My finite mind – cannot grasp the totality of my life and those around me. Watching parents die of cancer, having children with serious medical concerns, loss of job (facing this one for the second time right now) I see how “I think” that things are supposed to be – I set my heart on that – only to be disappointed. But with my heart set on Him – and His words, and His life, and His promises – I can have confidence that He is in control of every situation – and even though it may not be a path that I would choose – I trust that He will bring me to the place that will bring Glory and Honor and Praise to Him, because isn’t that what we are to be about?
I have been going thru some very trying times since the clock struck 12:01am on January 1st of this year. A big reason why I haven't had my camera out in a while - and haven't been posting. 

One of the major issues (there really are too many) is the looming threat of losing my job. My principal came and spoke with me in February to let me know that it looks like one music position will be cut this year (that makes 6 plus the marching band position in the last 3 years), along with 28 other teachers in the district. (That is also a total of 100 positions cut in our district  the last 3 years)  Even though they didn't know how they were going to cut the music program yet (Middle School or High School) since I am the low person on the seniority list - I will be let go. 

In 2005, after staying home with my 3 sons for 13 years (during which I created a prayer network for my local congregation, led the children's choir and vacation bible school, and led worship) my husband was laid off with no prospects of a job.  God blessed me with an awesome mother - who had told me, back in the day, to get my degree in case I ever needed something to fall back on. Well that was the time.  I was  (am) dual certified in Music Education (K-12 Vocal and Instrumental Music) and General Elementary Education (N-6) with my Bachelors Degree in Music Education and my Masters Degree in Elementary Education. 

I walked up to my sons school and got myself put on the substitute teachers list. In April of that year I was hired as a long term sub for a first grade teachers maternity leave. The following year a position opened for a part time music teacher in the district. I was hired. That led to a full time position, and 5 years ago I transferred back to the school I started at and have been there ever since. 

After a full year without work, my husband was able to find employment, but I needed to continue to work as well to help support our family. And I love my job and the kids that I work with. I always say, "There is no happier place in the world than the elementary school I work in when the halls are filled with the smiling precious faces of children." 

But we are at a crossroad again - and Proverbs 3:5-6 are my rock these days. 

I will find out for sure if my position is definitely cut on April 8.  If it will be saved - there is the other hurdle of getting the budget passed in May. They are asking for a huge tax increase. If they don't get it - they are saying that the entire music department  as well as 60 more teachers will be let go. 

And so (I normally don't post so much here - but as I come back to blogging it felt right to share what's been going on these past few months).

So finally here is my verse for today:


3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The christian life is all about trusting.When I remember to trust God to work things out,all goes fairly well,but too often I try to take control.

Karin said...

Our middle daughter and her husband are in a very similar situation you found yourself. Since they moved she has started her own business as therapeutic massage therapist - building it up from scratch - while her hubby, the teacher was given a teaching position last month but only until the end of June. We know that God always provides, but it's difficult for them to go through with their 4 teens and for us to watch! Love this verse and the bright orange of the flower which is very striking - definitely attention getting!! God bless as you wait upon HIM!

Anita Johnson said...

So glad to see you posting again, ironically, yesterday i was going to send you an email. I will be praying for your job situation...we have walked that road too. Your verse for the day is a good one, trusting Him even during the uncertain times.