© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, April 9

April 9, 2013


I captured this Light House (called Buffalo Main Light) on our walk Sunday afternoon. 



Well, so far it is not good news. With the extra money from the state the Board of Education has restored 3 full time positions and 2 half time positions - non of which is mine.  Of course nothing is ever set in stone until September, but for now, things don't look good. 

I guess down deep inside it is bothering me, go figure. This morning my alarm went off and I fell back asleep. The next thing I knew I was in the middle of a nightmare.

It was Thanksgiving and I had to run to the grocery store to pick something up. I don't remember what I had to get - but I do know I was in a very unfamiliar area. I didn't know the store.  I parked my van and went inside. When I got in everything was strange and I couldn't remember what I had to get - so I went back outside. But when I got to where I parked the van it was gone. 

I walked all over searching for it and beeping the horn on my car key. I couldn't hear the horn - because there was music playing. I ended up meeting some folks from church - who put me in their van and drove me around until we found a van that looked like mine. They dropped me off and left .... but it wasn't my van. So I started walking again. Finally someone told me, security didn't like where I parked my van - so they moved it. 

I found the van. Got in and drove away. But that isn't the end. I ended up on a street that turned into lots of ice and water (like the photo above) on one side and thick gross mud on the other side. I was going too fast and as I tried to turn - I got stuck. It turned out that I was in some sort of a garage. Three guys came out (that I didn't recognize) and I asked them if they could help me. All they did was smile and closed the garage door (with me stuck inside) and everything went black. Then I  woke up. 

When I told Larry, I ended the story by saying - I guess I am lost and stuck. Wow - isn't that the truth right now. But as I came down to prepare my post for this morning - the first thought in my head was the Light House we had seen on Sunday. 

Light Houses were used to help the lost - and to keep them from getting stuck in shallow waters or wrecking on the rocks of the shore. 

How many times have we seen photos of Jesus being the Light House. John 8:12 says, "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Matthew 5:14-16 says this, 
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

In many foreign countries, missionaries report that people believe in dreams telling them something.  In reflecting on this dream, I can say that at times I do really feel lost and stuck not knowing how to get out of this mess, and putting my hope in people to make the difference for me.  

But I can't put my hope in people. My hope needs to be in God. 

I have a lot to think about. 

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Lovely image! I hope everything works out!

Karin said...

Very deeply meaningful Valerie! Will keep you all in prayer and God, our heavenly Father, will meet all our needs. My focus this week has been on lighthouses too. I've been visiting east coast webcams. Lots of thinking to do!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That is some heavy stuff you have going on. It is easy to say that God will take care of you,but as humans we still struggle.I pray that you will find peace in the storm and that a door will open for you.