© 2010-2013 Valerie Acee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Wednesday, January 2

January 2, 2013




"Just because the road ahead is long, is no reason to slow down. Just because there is much work to be done, is no reason to get discouraged. It is a reason to get started, to grow, to find new ways, to reach within yourself and discover strength, commitment, determination, discipline. The road ahead is long and difficult, and filled with opportunity at every turn. Start what needs starting. Finish what needs finishing. Get on the road. Stay on the road. Get on with the work. Right now you’re at the beginning of the journey. What a great place to be! Just imagine all the things you’ll learn, all the people you’ll meet, all the experiences you’ll have. Be thankful that the road is long and challenging, because that is where you’ll find the best that life has to offer.” (Ralph Marsten)


"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"  Psalm 119:105

"I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wonderful quote, and I'm 'stealing' it if you don't mind:)

Betsy Adams said...

I needed to hear that at 3 a.m. when I was awake working on a blog post for my other blog.... It's hard not to get discouraged at the direction of our country. It's hard not to know what "I" --just a citizen can do... BUT-with God's help, we will keep on keeping on...

Thanks for a great post, Val. Gorgeous photo also.
Hugs,
Betsy

SarahCate said...

What wonderful words to start off this new year! What a gorgeous picture too- I am missing snow days!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great words to post at the start of a new year.

Karin said...

Thoughts popping up - Always watch out for oncoming traffic - not everyone is going in the same direction. Makes it easier if you're on a one-way road. Watch out for the ditches! So good that His Word lights my path and I can reach to Him for strength for the journey! Travel light! - Thanks for getting the grey matter thinking......