© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, October 13

October 13, 2012



Trying to work through some difficult self evaluation things right now. It is often hard to see "the ugly" in ourselves, but we all have it.

I came across this quote by Peter Marshall this morning (not the game show host but a Scottish Clergyman 1902-1949) - and it hit home for me.

How easy it is for us to always put the blame on someone else - for causing a rift - and stick to our guns that it isn't my fault they misunderstood.

But I keep thinking of  Romans 14:13 where it says so perfectly, "Let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way."

Even if there is nothing wrong with what I say or do, if it causes someone else to stumble ... then I need to examine myself and learn from that.  If I want to represent Christ to those around me, then I need to strive to be 'above reproach' in all things,  in what I do and in what I say and how I represent myself (and Him).

Thankfully, God continues to be my constant strength and my teacher. For that I am eternally grateful.

***Prayer Request***
On another note: I ask that you please be in prayer for my sister Laura and her family. Her mother-in-law is now on comfort care in the ICU in the local hospital. It has been a very long and hard road for all of them these past few years - and for it all come to down to this, is very difficult for them all.  Please pray for strength - and peace - and confidence in God - that His will be done. I fear for the days ahead for all of them. Thank you for your prayers.



3 comments:

Karin said...

Excellent, deep-searching thoughts! So sorry to hear about the challenges facing your sister and her family. May the Lord give strength and peace as they go through this valley - and help you be a great support!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for these thoughts. I am constantly amazed at how God uses even blogs to teach me what He wants me to know.

Anita Johnson said...

Self evaluation is always hard, but needed and thank you God for your never ending grace to us. Prayers for your sisters family too...right now, before I hit "publish".