© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Thursday, July 12

July 12, 2012



As I approach the 25 year mark of the day I was married (July 25, 1987) - I guess I have been thinking a lot about my married life with my husband.

We met in October of 1984 at a singles event at the Clarence Church of Christ. I have to say if there was one foundational thing that has kept us together all of these years - it is the promises we made to each other and God.

This verse from Ecclesiastes has often been in the forefront of my mind. Our marriage isn't just about the two of us - but about God living in us and with us.

Even on our wedding invitation, we had a little sketch of two candles giving off two circles of light that connected with one another (kind of like a venn diagram) and a dove (representing the Holy Spirit) diving into the center part.

It has been a blessing to share my life with Larry and to live together with God in the center of our marriage.



5 comments:

Karin said...

As you celebrate your upcoming anniversary in a variety of ways, may you be wonderfully blessed to continue in this strand of 3! That Scripture always has meant a lot to us as well! If the Lord is not at our center, what's the point!

Janice K said...

What a beautiful post. Happy Anniversary and may God bless your years to come.

God willing, we will celebrate our 50th this October, and I too am so thankful that God has walked with us through the years. We are blessed.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

God is the one who keeps marriages strong. It may be a little early,but I wish for you and Larry many more years of joy together.

Kerri said...

Beautiful image and words!

Anita Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary! I like the sketch on your wedding invitation...great way to start a marriage! PS I love the photo...simple flower design with a "wow" factor when together...excellent!