© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, July 10

July 10, 2012


If you follow me on Facebook, I know you have seen this picture already.

My husband and I were so excited, several weeks back, to see Baltimore Orioles in our yard. So we read all we could about them, and went out and bought a feeder designed for them. A friend recommended grape jelly as well as the oranges - and so we set it all up and - boom - we have had a family of orioles in our yard every day. It has been great to watch.

(CLICK HERE FOR ORIOLE PHOTOS)

Then one day I noticed the orange was completely chewed up. So I started a vigil - to see who was climbing up there. I soon found that it was a squirrel as well as a chipmunk.

(CLICK HERE FOR OTHER VISITORS TO THE ORIOLE FEEDER)

The squirrel - I didn't think was so cute - but this little guy . . . I think I took at least 50 photos of him devouring the orange.

This morning as I was thinking about what photo to use for this post, and how I could connect it to a scripture - and this is what came to mind.  I love Philippians 4:19 where it says, "And my God will supply your every need according to His glorious riches in the Messiah Jesus."  When I was in college, my sister and I used to sing with a friend. One of the songs we sang was based on that scripture. The lyrics to the chorus were 'God will supply all I need.'

The point I want to make this morning is that yes, God will take care of all our needs - but sometimes He uses us to supply the needs of others. We may not ever know in what specific way we were used as the hands and feet of God, but even in this simplistic illustration - we see how he provides food for even the little critters.

So keep up the good work my friends, finding ways to live as Christ - for you never know when God will use you to bring Glory to the Son.


4 comments:

Karin said...

What little acrobats these guys or gals are! Thank you Valerie for supplying their need as the Lord has asked you to! I know that He will meet my needs today and will probably have no idea who He will send! But I thank Him!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Cute picture. I will be thinking about your words the next time a bird or critter eats the food put out for other species.

Janice K said...

I enjoyed your beautiful Oriole pictures and the other critters too. Watching their antics can be so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Anita Johnson said...

I love chipmunks...and this is the first time we have had them in our feeder. I think Buster was more of a guard dog than i realized. I love their full cheeks and bright little eyes!