© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, May 1

May 1, 2012


I love the bleeding heart plant. Whether in beautiful pink and green - or the delicate white. It reminds me of my mom first - as we had a nice pink plant in our yard growing up. The white one though, reminds me of the condition of our hearts and souls.

We don't come to Christ clean and innocent. We come covered in filth and sin . . . and yet He loves us . . .  and makes us clean so we can enter His presence and communicate with Him.

When I think about that kind of love, I am often speechless and just don't know what to say. It reminds me of the scripture in Romans that says, "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."  (Romans 8:26)

When we come to Him - longing to communicate - sometimes we just don't know what to say. But thankfully, He knows our hearts.  Gandhi's words ring true in this circumstance - It is better to come to God with a sincere heart and no words - than to come to Him with all kinds of explanations and excuses - and no sincerity.

It makes me  want to sing: (Link to the music) (if you leave this window open - you need to turn the music player off on the bottom left of this page)

"Create in me a clean heart, oh God
And renew a right spirit within me.

Create in me a clean heart, oh God 
And renew a right spirit within me. 

Cast me not away from Your presence oh God
And take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of my salvation
And renew a right spirit within me."

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Oh, the wonder of it all!
This is a very beautiful post.

Karin said...

Such an encouraging post for me today! Thanks!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful post. It is comforting to know that when I cannot form the words,God knows what my heart needs.

Anita Johnson said...

I have often thought of the verse that mentions groanings too deep for words on nights were I am so overwhelmed with anxiety that my mind races and coherent pleas and praise to my God won't form. He has covered everything, hasn't HE? Your photo and quote are perfect. Have a great week, Valerie!