© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Monday, March 26

March 26, 2012



I love springtime ... for many reasons of course. One of those reasons is the forget-me-not. 

My front flower bed is always over run by them, lots of folks see them as weeds, but I love them. They are so delicate and beautiful - I let them be - and when they finally go to seed - I make sure to shake all the seeds on the bed - as I pull them up - to ensure more for the next year. 

It never fails, whenever I see a forget me not I begin to sing the old hymn "Pass Me Not - O Gentle Savior... Do not pass me by."  It is a beautiful song (I love Fernando Ortega's version). But even as I contemplate the words of that song - I am reminded that God never forgets us. 

We were in the forefront of his mind - even before we were born. 

Perhaps the forget me nots - are not there for us to ask God to Remember us - but are in fact God speaking  to us . . . "I am here . . .  I am waiting . . . whatever you need, I want you to turn to me . . . keep me as part of your moments, your days, your life." 

Forget HIM Not




2 comments:

Adrienne said...

LOVE that thought--forget Him not. Thanks for this lovely start to my day.

Anita Johnson said...

I love forget-me-nots too. I thought this was sweet, after our Buster's passing, our vet sent us a card with a packet of forget me not seeds...I most certainly will spread them where he is buried. I love your last paragraph...