© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Thursday, February 9

February 9, 2012


This little house - was in a residential section of Meissen, Germany. We had several hours to walk the town and explore. There were lots of narrow little streets with shops, the huge castle/church at the top of the hill, a smaller church in the center of the village, and people exploring everywhere.

I remember roaming thru the streets, at times with different groups of friends - and other times alone.

How true it is . . . that when we are alone - we are so inward drawn - looking around us only to see how things relate to 'me' and 'my world.' But when we travel with friends we have a larger view of the world. We see how places and circumstances are viewed through another set of eyes - affecting another set of circumstances.

As often as I find myself, loving to be a hermit, enclosed in my own little world, we were not made to live life that way.

How refreshing it is to open the windows and let in the 'fresh air' - and see others - and ourselves with another set of eyes.


1 comment:

Tracy said...

The windows at the top look like eyes peeking out...very lovely...and yeah, I find my relationships are so much more valuable when I open myself up; it's just hard to do so!