© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Monday, January 2

January 2, 2012

To turn off music, you will find the music player at the bottom left side


I am so impatient.

In this instantaneous world of self gratification, I find I expect to get what I want, when I want it.

As a parent - that is how we raise our children. They are taught to obey the first time. They did what I demanded, the first time. As toddlers, they did. There were consequences when they didn't. I always made sure to follow through.

But as teens, they found out they have a choice and they don't think about the consequences much.

As an adult, I find that I don't think about the consequences too much, until it is too late.

This immediate internet that I carry wherever I go, movies on demand, music at my fingertips, out of season food in my fridge world that we live in overrides the lessons I received as a child.

"Good things come to those who wait."

I used to jokingly say, "Patience is a virtue, that I do not have."

My mother always said,  "Don't pray for patience, because then God will allow for situations to occur, so that you can develop it."

But when we take the time - to sit back, and wait . . . we see God move.

He is there waiting for us . . .

We need to be there . . .  waiting and expecting - Him.


3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I think we develop patience as we age. At least, I seem to have more of it now that I'm older. Looking back, it is amazing to see how God has worked out things in our life!
I hope you have a Blessed and Happy New Year!

Karin said...

I can surely relate!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I like to think that I am patient,but I know that I could be proved otherwise. Thanks for the reminder to wait on the Lord.