© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Thursday, January 12

January 12, 2012



I missed my first post of the year, yesterday. It was a crazy day - as I had my 4th and 5th grade choruses performing in their winter concert. They had two performances yesterday, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. Add the stress of that to regular everyday life, yesterday was a doozie!

But the concert was wonderful. I am SOOOO pleased with both my groups performances. My younger students  have a long way to go - but the progress they have made in just the last 2 weeks is wonderful. I was very pleased with their performances yesterday.

The words in the photo above are from one of their songs, by Natalie Sleeth.

Life is very much about the journey, not only about the destination. Little steps, bit by bit ... I have to keep reminding myself!

I am so proud of my students and how they worked and came together yesterday.
Oh, I love my job!!

And it is days like yesterday when I see my kids coming to my rescue that I am also very thankful for my kids. My middle son - stepped up for me yesterday and took care of some of the taxi driving of my youngest. (There are positives to having kids who drive). I had a meeting between work and the concert and so he picked the youngest up from basketball, brought him home to shower, and then got him up to the high school so Jake could video tape the performance for me, and then get to football practice. AND my tall middle son - who loves to wear his hair over his eyes and past his jaw . . .  go it all cut off yesterday!!

Oh my goodness . .  he looks wonderful! I am hoping he lets me post a photo over at Composition-Life.

Little by little . .




1 comment:

Karin said...

Those are wonderful words of encouragement for me today! Little by little, day by day and with Jesus near we need not fear!! Thanks for your kind comments on fb!

Love it when all those weeks of preparation pay off and people are blessed by the performance! Keep up the good work!