© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Wednesday, November 16

November 16, 2011


I don't like cats. Maybe it is because they scare me. Something about their eyes. I am very uncomfortable around them. I especially have trouble with the ones that run freely around - spraying my outdoor furniture - marking it as their own. It stinks!

But kittens are cute and cuddly and for some reason, I don't mind them.

The other day - I saw this big blob sitting on my compost. At first I thought a raccoon, and then was worried because it was day time. But it moved and I realized it was this big fluffy cat.

I  don't like it. But it does have wonderful eyes doesn't it.

Funny isn't it ... the very thing that scares me about cats - is the thing I am drawn to with this one.

I shot the photo from my deck - with my 270mm lens - so no, I didn't get to close.


4 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Beautiful photo and CAT, Valerie. I like cats ---simply because I grew up with one. Snowball was so friendly and loving... BUT--some cats are not friendly and loving!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

Beautiful shot! Its eyes are very questioning. We always had cats when I was growing up, but now I don't want them around. I still think the kittens are so cute when they are playful.
That's a profound quote by Anne Frank!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone tried to improve the world!!!

Karin said...

Does look like it has the markings of a raccoon!! I find most cats so aloof and I don't much care for them either - but like you, I love little kittens!!

Anita Johnson said...

This is a beautiful cat! Unusual markings. We were always "cat" people, but now dogs share our home.