© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Monday, October 31

October 31, 2011

I was able to get some neat photo's yesterday of the frost . . . so thankful Buffalo didn't get the snow the rest of the east coast got. Our poor trees still have not recovered from our October 13 2006 snowstorm (click words to see photos) - when leaves full on the trees - were weighted so heavy that trees could not withstand the weight and came crashing down - it looked as though a bomb had gone off - and we were without power for days! No ... I am very happy that we didn't get the snow yet.

But as I was saying - we had a nice frost yesterday - the little flower plot neat the street has some lavender, coreopsis and begonias. The begonias were completely done in. Although the coreopsis (pictured above) was encased in frost, later in the day - it was still fresh and lovely - standing strong.

I find the quote above so true - as the sun melted the frost and the flower popped up so nice and strong and lively . . . when I am feeling down in the dumps - a kind word, or thoughtful act does so much to bring me out of the funk I find myself in at times.

A reason to make sure I am a catalyst of sharing kindness . . .


6 comments:

LDH said...

love this quote too :) Cool photo too!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Love the quote. That is amazing for that little flower to perk up again.

Stacey Dawn said...

I WANT to say that I am looking forward to the first frost so I can get some pictures...

However, I'm not so looking forward to the colder toes!! ;o)

Lovely words and image.

Dorothy said...

Oh, that I might be so kind!!!

Anita Johnson said...

Just stunning, Valerie!

Kerri said...

Beautiful.