© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, August 6

August 6, 2011 (182/365)

I will not deny the fact that I was totally in awe of the cathedrals in Europe. They were magnificent. They were so very old. They were gorgeous. They were filled with the music of ages past, played by the masters who created the music. They were filled with statues of saints and tombs of great leaders.

But when I sang the song "Glory to God" with the choir in the different cathedrals and church's - even though I reveled in the beauty around me and the sound that carried up to the rafters - my thoughts were on the One who I was praising in the song.

It is so easy to get carried away in the history and the magnificence of the buildings we were in and focus on the idols and obscene wealth within each of the buildings and start worshiping the beauty itself.

But I am thankful and grateful to the God to whom those buildings were built - the One who made it possible for us to travel safely and see these wonders, the One who is my Lord and Savior.

And for that I am forever in His debt.

You can check out our visit to St. Stephen's Cathedral on the morning of DAY 2 - our Europe Trip over at Composition-Life

For more SPIRITUAL SUNDAY'S click the link.

6 comments:

Karin said...

When hubby and I visited Europe and stopped in some of the great cathedrals and churches I actually had a feeling that 'Jesus doesn't live here any more.' That's when it came to me that the church is the people and not buildings, however incredible and magnificent they may be! Oh, and so many other thoughts coming back....

Adrienne in Ohio said...

So very well said.

micey said...

beautiful photo. glory to God!

Sarah (Nikki) said...

Well said!!!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I don't think I will ever visit there but I'm sure it's breath taking.
Blessings,
Ginger

Charlotte said...

Like you I am in awe of the cathedrals in Europe. How they could build buildings like that so long ago just blows my mind. What a privilege for you to get to sing there. I've been in a few of those cathedrals. Westminster Abbey was the one I was most impressed with. The sad thing is that Europe is not the spiritual world it once was. The great cathedrals are mostly just museums. So sad.
The picture you shared is gorgeous.
Blessings,
Charlotte