© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, June 4

June 4, 2011 (137/365)

My middle son's Senior Prom was last night. I am working on a post over at Composition-Life of the photo's I took at his date's parents home. As I looked at all the photo's, there is one of him standing alone that just kind of ripped at my heart. He is 18 now and so grown up in many ways, and yet still so young.

As I was preparing this post this morning, this photo of one of my peony flowers screamed to me 'layers.' I searched and came across the quote above. How true it is. Adults down deep inside (hopefully) still carry that inner child full of inquisitiveness, joy and unconditional love with them.

And we are to come to God with the faith of a child - pure and innocent. Full of Trust.

Makes me me want to dig deep and discover what is hiding under all of my layers.


4 comments:

Stacey Dawn said...

Fabulous.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Love the picture.Yes,under all those adult layers we are more like a child.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

What a handsome couple, Valerie. Both of them are adorable and looked wonderful... His gal is a cutie --and so TINY....

I'm sure they had a great time... It's hard to see your kids grow up, isn't it???? Seems like only yesterday when mine graduated...

Beautiful peony and message...
Hugs,
Betsy

Karin said...

Where have the years gone? Why, we brought our babies home just a little while ago, and now they tower over mom!That is a very young and handsome couple; they look great all dressed up! You took some very lovely photos for their memory album!

The peony photo is beautiful!