© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, June 3

June 3, 2011 (136/365)



When I see this fountain I am reminded of the chorus I learned so very long ago . . .

"I've got the joy, joy, joy joy, down in my heart,
Down in my heart, down in my heart.
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart.
Down in my heart to stay"

and I remember as a child, how that joy, bubbled up like a fountain and spilled over into every aspect of my life.

I am sad that I have let so many things and people get in the way of the deep joy that was once such an integral part of who I was. It is sad that when we see evil succeeding, it is often easier to chuck it all and walk away, rather than deal with the situation.

After many years of watching my parents and others around me, seeing the struggles (and the joys) of relationships with other people, I always thought it was best - not to cause waves. To walk away instead of being one to cause division and problems.

It seems though, when you walk away - you are the one that suffers the loss. When you are out of sight, you are out of mind. Such a sad commentary on the lives we live. I include myself in that, as I often find myself so busy with little things, that 'people things' aren't a priority. I am glad God makes people a priority.

How I long to be more like Him.

And so I continually wait on Him. Trying to be patient as I wait for direction. I continue to pray that this is just a season of our lives and that we will soon move into a new spring. New growth, blossoms, joy and the fragrance of Jesus once again permeating every aspect of our lives.

Hope you are enjoying this wonderful season of spring, and that there is also a spring season of renewal going on in your heart as well.




5 comments:

Karin said...

Remember the verse: I've got the wonderful love of my blessed Redeemer way down in the depth of my heart! Thanks for the reminder to Be Still and to wait patiently on Him! It's a time of growing for both in a relationship - as the Lord does His work in each one! Have a joy - full day!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

What more can I say about this post,but that it is beautiful in every way.Your thoughts are deep.Thanks for sharing them.

Ferree Bowman Hardy said...

I love the deep greens of the trees in your photo, and your thoughts make me wonder what season I'm in. And then I begin to think maybe it's not so much the season as the capacity to wonder. . . Thank you for posting your thoughts.

Janice K said...

You express yourself so well. I may not comment everyday, but I enjoy what you say through your pictures, quotations and thoughts.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Deep thoughts today, Valerie... You will find direction in your life if you wait and listen for God's guidance. However, when God was leading me back to TN and to George, he had to hit me over the head a few times to get me to listen. ha ha.... Thanks be to God I LISTENED.

Love that sweet song about the Joy in our hearts... The kids used to sing it as loud as they could....
Hugs,
Betsy