© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Monday, June 20

June 19, 2011 (148/365)

As the school year comes to a close - and other chapters in people's lives are ending - new things are beginning.

I often struggle as I live in the moment - and see the mound of responsibilities that are immediate concerns - always looking for the task to be completed - so I can feel some semblance of accomplishment and joy .

I have to finish this so I can enjoy this ....

And yet - how many times do I rush thru moments - forgetting that once the moment is over - I never can get it back, it is just a memory ... How I long for many of those memories once again to be reality.

And so those thoughts crossed my mind as I put this post together. My middle son graduates from High School this coming weekend, several coworkers are being laid off - and we all know how life goes, you hope to stay in touch, but the reality is often we can't keep up with everyone.

My mom used to always say -the only things that are ever constant are God - and change .. .. ..

And so today - I will look for the joy in the moments - and not at the end of the week.


3 comments:

Karin said...

Love that - the only things that are ever constant are God and change!! Have no idea how often I have said exactly that! So true! And HE gives strength to cope with each day's changes. You are certainly documenting evidence of all our liquid sunshine these days!! Beautiful!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful post.The picture is exquisite and I love the verse and quote.Yes,I too am all too often in a hurry to get something done and move on to the next.I need to slow down and enjoy the ride.

Tracy said...

Valarie,
Thanks so much for this post. It came at a time I needed to hear it as some of my students will be leaving and while we have 8 days left; we are all done but these are times I can never get back, so true!