© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Sunday, May 8

May 8, 2011 (110/365)



I was able to get some nice shots of a blossoming pear tree yesterday. I loved the hint of pink on the buds! How each little bud blossoms to become a beautiful flower and then perhaps fruit will be born from the flower.

I can't help but compare it today - to a mom - carefully nurturing her young - from tiny buds - to blossoming flowers - soon bearing fruit in their lives to (hopefully) help others.

Since my mom died - I think May has always been the most difficult time of the year for me. With my birthday and Mother's Day so close to one another - I am usually an emotional wreck during the first week of the month.

I thought when I found this anonymous quote - that it was very true for the way I feel about my mom. My joys are greater, my love is deeper and my life was made fuller - because of who she was to me, and the brief moments of time (37 years) I shared life with her. My mom was not perfect. She had her faults - just as we all do. But as I look back now, as a mom myself, I have a much better understanding of her now. I see past all the difficult times - and think how rich my life is because of her.

I can only hope that one day . . my sons might think the same . . .

6 comments:

Janice K said...

Such a beautiful post....May God bless this day for you in a special way.

Dorothy said...

Beautiful thoughts and picture! I hope you have a Happy Mother's day.

Virginia Rigo said...

This is beautiful Val!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The image is gorgeous.I pray that today will be filled with love and that your heart will feel joy.

Karin said...

A very precious post! What a beautiful photo! May all our lives blossom and bear fruit for the Lord - our Creator and the One who loves us more than even our mothers could!

S. Etole said...

I visit frequently and just want to wish you a lovely day.

These blossoms are particularly beautiful.