© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Thursday, May 5

May 5, 2011 (108/365)


I love these words. Even though this is a repeat post from last year on this day, why redo something that has already been done well? (Although my lilacs are not quite this far yet).

Today I celebrate my 48th birthday. I remember my mom always said she celebrated Mother's Day - on her birthday, thankful for the day her mom became her mother.

Although my mom has now been gone 10 years now - her love, support her influence on my life is all very much a part of who I am today. I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think about her.

How blessed I was - to have her for my mom.

One comfort I have . . . my mom knew how much she meant to me and how much I loved her.

5 comments:

Karin said...

Very poignant post about your mom and grandmom! Happy Birthday to you and may you have a year of abundant joy! Love this photo - looks like you waited precisely for this first little bud to open before they all burst open with joy!

Janice K said...

Very beautiful.....My 94 year old mother left us for her heavenly home about a year and one-half ago. So often during the day I'll hear or see something that I think, "I need to call Mom and tell her," and realize my phone signal doesn't reach that far. She was that one special person who was always interested in what I was doing or making...Always cared about our children. I guess mothers are meant to be missed. But, as each day passes, I know I am one day closer to seeing her again.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Valerie! What beautiful memories of your mother. Love the pic. :)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Happy Birthday, Valerie. We are at the beach and I'm not blogging this week--but did read your post.. SO--decided to send a little note saying Happy Birthday to YOU...
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Happy Birthday dear friend.I hope this day has many blessings for you,be they memories or making new memories.