© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, May 31

May 31, 2011 (133/365)




I love buttercups. Such a simple little flower. So small, and unassuming, not taking up too much space. So sunny and warm looking. It makes me think of sunshine. And sunshine makes me think of joy! Oh what a little bit of sunshine does to a weary spirit.

I am so thankful for the restful weekend. My husband worked hard - weeding my front flower bed this weekend. Yesterday (between the parade, memorial service for veterans, and barbecuing some ribs and chicken for my boys) I went out and picked up some annuals and a few more perennials for that flower bed. As he weeded, I planted. It is the one we enjoy most - as we are often out on our front porch. I just love being surrounded by beautiful flowers.

As we sat on the porch at the end of the day last night - filthy and exhausted, there was a feeling of joy, in a job well done and the day well spent.

Hope in the week ahead you find moments of sunshine, joy, and peace.

(and those thoughts all came from looking at that little buttercup!)

4 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for this post.Thr flowers are lovely and the verse is one I needed this morning.Patient in affliction,does not readily describe me,but I need to let God do His work in my life.

Karin said...

I love the shiny petals of the buttercup! Sure feels good to finish a project like planting. Enjoy!

Anita Johnson said...

Good thoughts from little things...your weekend sounded perfect to me!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Love the photo--and the verse is GREAT!!!!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend. Is school out for you?
Hugs,
Betsy