© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, May 20

May 20, 2011 (122/365)

I love the way this photo turned out. It is straight out of the camera - not even cropped.
The unopened buds of the blue lilac bush in my front yard along with a few that have burst open.

This verse spoke to me this morning - as I have been whining and complaining a lot lately. I know that I have to just let go and let God. I guess sometimes I think I am in control of things that I truly am not. And when decisions are made that affect those around me - that are so hard to deal with - well - I have been too free to share my opinions of late.

God is in control - we know that He will overcome evil and death. And yet, I make free with my opinions at the injustices I see happening.

Oh the power of the tongue - to spout evil.

And so I read again - Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Oh the power that God has to conform the world, and to transform me to who He wants me to be. I am grateful!



5 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Oh my what a glorious picture! Heaven sent. Cathy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Amen,and He's still working on me too.

Karin said...

Oh, that photo is simply gorgeous!! And the verse is convicting isn't it!
Blessings for a good week-end!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Beautiful photo, Valerie. Love the colors... Wow!!!!!

AND that scripture is so important... We all whine more than we should...
Hugs,
Betsy

Anita Johnson said...

I can smell it throught the computwr...beautiful! (-: