© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Sunday, May 15

May 15, 2011 (117/365)


Above is the base of a Catlpa Tree in my side yard. The forget me nots used to be prolific in my front flower bed - but the past few years when they went to seed, I would pluck them up and spread them over in this little wild part of our side yard. I love forget me nots.

Whenever I see the forget me nots in spring I hear the old hymn "Pass Me Not" of which my favorite version is by Fernando Ortega.

Pass Me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded broken spirit;
Save me by Thy grace.

Thou the Spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee?
Whom in heav'n but Thee?

What an amazing comfort those words are to me. He will not pass us by, He will not leave us, He may answer prayer in His own time, but He always knows best and will provide what is best for us in the big picture.

Praising God for that this morning!

7 comments:

sarah said...

the forget me nots looks so gentle like a soft bed....and the words to that song are good ones

Karin said...

So beautiful! Thanks!

Anita Johnson said...

I have totally forgotten this song, but the words quickly came back to me...thanks. Forget me nots are one of my favorite spring fl;owers too.

Janice K said...

I really enjoy Fernando Ortegao's music. We were able to see him in concert once...It was a great evening.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

It is so reassuring to trust a God who will never leave me and who always has my best interests at heart.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I've never seen forget-me-nots. They look very delicate and beautiful.

Charlotte said...

I have sung that song many many times. Good song. The little forget-me-nots are so pretty around the tree. It makes a perfect spot for the scripture.
Blessings,
Charlotte