© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, May 10

May 10, 2011 (112/365)



This past weekend I went over to our Town Hall Park / Library to get some shots of the flowering trees and shrubs, and was rewarded with these two little guys just huddling in the middle of the parking lot. Luckily, there was no other traffic and so I watched them for a bit. I love seeing how a dove can close it's eyes. When I looked at the photo this morning, the first thought that came to my mind was the lyric to Bill Withers "Lean on Me."

Some personal events of the last week have led me to wonder, am I really the one that can be strong and help support those around me who are in need? I know in some relationships, I have not been. So I need to make a conscious effort to be better at that.

4 comments:

LDH said...

Such a sweet photo! And the words couldn't be more perfect ~ This is great! I love doves. I heard one cooing in the very early hours this morning.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

WHat a cute and tender scene.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh what a precious picture, Valerie. Looks like LOVE to me...
Hugs,
Betsy

Anita Johnson said...

Mourning doves always seem so sweet... I know I falter in supportig others...sometimes my burdens seem too much to bear already. No wonder God tells us to lay them at His feet.