© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, April 30

April 30, 2011 (103/365)


I love doves and love when they sit on the railing of my deck! (Not too fond of what they leave behind, though) They have such a soothing cooing sound. So restful and comforting. Much like the words for the Gospel - so comforting and soothing when turbulent times strike and I need something to ground me. God's Word . . . the power to transform . . . how could we ever be ashamed of the Lord of the Universe and what He has done?


***** ****** ***** *****
And for my Bird Loving Friends:
I have to tell you that I had a new life list bird for me this week - the Red-breasted Grosbeak. You can check out the photo's here: Composition-Life

4 comments:

Janice K said...

We had a flock of Rose-Breasted Grosbecks arrive here a couple of days ago--the most I have ever seen together. I counted about nine of them at one time. I took so many pictures, I haven't been able to decide which ones to post. Yours are really nice--you can see the twinkle in their eyes. They usually don't stay here very long, but I always enjoy seeing them.

Dorothy said...

I love to see the Doves,and I like the way you tied it to the scripture!
The Rose-breasted Grosbeaks stopped by here last week. We enjoyed photographing them for a few days before they moved on. Your pictures of them are really good, and close!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful picture.

LDH said...

I love the cooing sound of doves too. And, I love your photo!