© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, April 15

April 15, 2011 (90/365)


Last year I purchased 4 new peony roots, in very early spring. Not one burst thru the ground. I thought for sure they were dead. But last week, my husband called me out to see what was breaking thru the soil and all 4 plants have broken thru this year. This is a photo of just one of the plants. Not much to look at right now - and probably this year there will be no blooms, but what they will (hopefully) grow into will be beautiful.

Reminded me of the scripture describing Christ.

Quote that comes to mind:
Don't judge a book by it's cover!

Have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Yeah, Breakthrough!! Loved my peonies and enjoyed a whole long row of them - when I had a garden that is!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This is a promise of things to come.

Stacey Dawn said...

They will be beautiful! And their fragrance will be fabulous! ;o)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Congrats on the new Peony growth. Hope they do continue to grow for you. I saw some fabulous Peony blooms while at Biltmore last week.

Happy Palm Sunday... I love it when the kids in church march up and down the isles carrying the Palms --while the congregation sings Hosanna..

Hugs,
Betsy

Anita Johnson said...

Such a symbol of Hope! Have a great weekend!