© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Wednesday, April 13

April 13, 2011 (88/365)

Finally got my camera out again yesterday, My youngest had his first baseball game of the season (Freshman Team at school), and he was pretty sure he was going to start. So he asked me to take my camera.

As I was walking from the house to the car - I couldn't help but be drawn to the buds - and flowers (yep we have flowers!).

Hyacinths and Daffodils are blooming. The lilac buds are getting bigger.

This photo is from yesterday. I remember reading that at the end of the year (in fall) lilacs already have the buds on for the next spring. All thru the winter they sleep, until wakened by the spring. I'd say these little babies are waking up! It puts a smile on my face.

Back to the game -
My son did start catching, and in the fourth inning when the coach realized the pitcher had a Perfect Game going - he decided not to make any changes. I didn't realize it was a perfect game until the last out happened - and my son threw his helmet and ran to the pitcher - (we were so very cold it was hard to keep track of the score!!). But I knew - something big had happened. I couldn't remember the other team getting any runs - or hits for that matter - we asked the pitcher's dad if it was a no hitter - he just smiled and said, "It was a Perfect Game."

So my youngest has not only pitched a perfect game (himself a couple years ago), he now has caught for a perfect game as well!

4 comments:

Janice K said...

What fun, special memories to hold on to.

Kerri said...

Lovely image and great words to go with it!
And congrats to your son on his fabulous catching .... I would say that the pitcher couldn't do it without a great catcher!
The entire team must have been working together :) What I would call - Great Teamwork!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great way to start the season.Yes,those buds are waking up.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Congrats to your son and his team... That game must have been very special...

Great picture of the buds... Spring is coming --even to New York!!!!! Right???
Hugs,
Betsy