© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, April 12

April 12, 2011 (87/365)


We cling to what we know.
We have confidence in a world that seems to be crumbling around us.
We fear the unknown.

And yet - the One who created each one of us and the world we live in ~ is in control and He says, "Do not be afraid."

But He doesn't give things as we understand . . .
What He offers is so much better . . .
If we only look to Him
and accept

and trust



I was refreshed greatly this past weekend, as I was able to be in the presence of one I consider to be a "Paul" of our day. An amazing servant of the most High God, who has lived an amazing life - filled with battles for the King of Kings - in a world that is crumbling. His faith humbles me, the circumstances he has survived bring me to tears, as I wonder if I could ever be faithful as he is.

This morning I am thanking God for His servant, who inspires and uplifts and encourages.



4 comments:

Karin said...

Very special post! Blessings!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Yes, It's easy sometimes to say, Do Not be Afraid, but we are human ---and we sometimes have trouble believing it... We want to take on all of our situations ourselves ---and we 'think' we can handle them.. However, we need GOD there with us to keep us strong and safe. We need to keep God at the center of our lives at all times...
Hugs,
Betsy

Anita Johnson said...

So thankful you had such a refreshing weekend...sometimes we need it more than we think! I hope His peace carries you throughout the week ahead.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thank-you for being a blessing in my life.