© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Monday, March 7

March 7, 2011 (61/365)


Really .... is it March 7th already? Can't believe how this year is flying by already!

At first I was going to publish this - verse only - but that top right corner was screaming to me - words ... words ... I need words. The first thought that popped into my mind - was one drilled into my mind - as well as many others - by our moms ....

"If you don't have anything nice to say ... don't say anything at all." Were you ever told that?

I looked up the quote and they are attributing it to Jacqui Rivait - I am guessing she is a modern day person - but I can't find anything about her - except a bunch of quotes. I have to say I think it is much older than that ... my mom was saying it most likely before Jacqui was born!

Update:
H is feeling much better - slowly adding more things into his diet, and getting back to normal. Still no word on test results. I do have to say that perhaps this was the kick in the pants we needed to adjust our eating habits. We both are doing very well with that.

Hope today is the start of a wonderful week for everyone!

Valerie

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Valerie,
Yes, this year is already flying by! So glad your hubby is feeling better! Hope you have a great day!

Karin said...

Glad to hear your husband is feeling better. It must be frustrating to have to wait so long for test results.
I totally agree that mothers have used this phrase for eons and then somehow it got credited to one person. My mother and grandmother said it in German of course, lol!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Glad to hear that Hubby is getting better.As for that quote,I am reminded of the Bambi story,Thumper uses it there.Funny how a few words can bring one back to childhood.

Kerri said...

I heard this many times growing up! Glad your hubby is feeling better!!

Janice K said...

I can tell you where I first heard that quote....It was in the movie Bambi. Thumper was putting his foot in his mouth, as usual; and his mother told him, "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all." I think Thumper may have been laughing at Bambi when he got his legs all twisted up trying to walk on the ice. I first saw that movie when I was around 2 or 3, but heard the recorded version and read the book many times to my children. Thanks for the memory!