© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, March 29

March 29, 2011 (78/365)

Oh, and how these little House Finches bring me joy - as do all my little birdies.

Sometimes I can't help but be jealous when I see the wealth around me (I live in an extremely wealthy area of Western New York - although I am as middle class as they come). Yesterday a high school junior ran out of school - jumped into her leather seated, fine wood accented Lexus and drove off. Another of my son's friends has a Hummer (I call them houses on wheels)!

I often wonder why God has allowed me to always have 'just enough' when those around me have EVERYTHING their hearts desire.

This verse reminds me of the song:
  1. This world is not my home I'm just passing through
    my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
    the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
    and I can't feel at home in this world anymore

    O Lord you know I have no friend like you
    if Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?
    the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
    and I can't feel at home in this world anymore

    AND then I look around the world (yes and even my town) and see so many people with so much less than I have.

    God has blessed me immeasurably and I am truly thankful!

    Another song has just come to mind - Count Your Blessings.

    Today - that is what I will be doing!

4 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I sometimes wonder about this too,but I do know that God gives me just enough so I don't have to worry about where the money will come from to buy the groceries.I guess I learned to be content with less,at least most of the time.

Michelle said...

Great post. I've often wondered the same thing, but when I truly look around the ones who seem to have it all are usually not nearly as happy as the ones who have just enough. Maybe...that is the bigger blessing! :)

Anita Johnson said...

I have thought the same thing and I appreciate the honesty. We went from 21 years of an executive lifestyle to farmers. Quite the change. But in it I see new blessings everyday and I am so grateful. Counting my blessings along with you!

Karin said...

I've often thought the same thoughts and even added, "Lord, just think of all the good I could do for you." LOL! The Lord just requires of me to be faithful with what I've been given. He has always provided and we even have enough to give away - to our son and family right now who have faced challenges that have been unbelievable. God is good! Content and still counting blessings!