© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, March 22

March 22, 2011 (73/365)

Known famously as the Serenity Prayer . . . adopted y Alcoholics Anonymous and other programs I am sure. I wanted to look up the definition of Serenity and got the following.

Serenity: The quality or state of being serene (The dictionary folk obviously didn't have the same English teachers I had - who taught me never to define a word, with the word itself!)

Serene: Clear and free of storms or unpleasant change,
Shining bright and steady,
Marked by or suggestive of utter calm
and unruffled repose or quietude.

(Is quietude a word? Really?)

All kidding aside, I am working on this, with all sincerity. My life is probably pretty much like yours. It isn't in an uproar all of the time, really it isn't. But I guess there have been too many storms that have risen in the past few days. Oh, to live life by this definition.
To rest in the knowledge that God is in Control, He knows the outcome, He loves us more than we could ever comprehend ... I am trying . . . to rest in Him.

This song is in my heart today:

I cast all my cares upon you
I lay all of my burdens
Down at your feet
And anytime, I don't know, Just what to do
I will cast all my cares upon you.


4 comments:

Karin said...

Thanks for this encouragement. Have a serene day!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Serenity,peace,quietness,call it what you want,these are so precious and so needed.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh those storms of life... It does seem as if sometimes, we get too many at one time... God says he never gives us more than we can handle... BUT--I have begged him at times to give me a BREAK--since I thought I had had enough...

Hang in there, my friend, and keep God in the CENTER.
Hugs,
Betsy

Stacey Dawn said...

Thanks for the reminder.... been thinking of that prayer and the wisdom of it lately.