© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, February 5

February 5, 2011 (36/365)


This morning the sun is shining, the snow is glistening, and the birds are plentiful around the feeders, poor things - the deer got most of the seed earlier this week - once again - even though I did try a great suggestion of mixing crushed red pepper with the seed - and it didn't work for me :(

I loved seeing the sunshine lighting up my dove photo's this morning. Made me think of the promises of God. Noah was one of those men, who stood tall and confident (it had to be so hard for him) thru the building of the ark - and the accusations, and then thru the time on the ark with all of the animals, wondering ... when is this going to end.

I am so glad I have not had to walk in Noah's shoes (or be on the ark with him) - but I (like you) have walked thru storms of my own - and yes - God is faithful.

I amy not see all of the outcomes in this life - but I trust Him.

God is Good, all the time.
All the time, God is Good!


15 comments:

Whidbey Woman said...

Lovely post. I guess its better you have deer in your yard than bear... or mice! I can't put out bird seed in the winter because it attracts mice. They are a nuisance when they get into your car and chew your wires, or mess up your garage.
Keep weathering the storm. God is with you.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely post and photo!

Carletta said...

Lovely post!
I too posted a dove this morning.
Their cooing sounds are soft and pleasant.

Joan said...

Beautiful photo, Valerie!

I think I was the one who suggested crushed red pepper. Well, guess what? After a while, it didn't deter the squirrels either! So now, I'm back to safflower seed - more expensive, but in the long run probably cheaper because I'm only feeding birds.

I would welcome the deer, however. They are beautiful creatures.

Blessings,
Joan

Karin said...

Love the coloring of that beautiful dove! What a gorgeous bird! Weathering another snow storm here today - at least that's only outside!

ladyfi said...

What a pretty bird!

Jidhu Jose said...

beautiful shot

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful image.Amen, to the last quote.God really is good all the time.
Ruth

Tracy said...

Thank you Valarie,
I always feel so inspired when I sto by to visit; I look forward to your next entry. I hope all is well with you and you are weathering the winter with a light heart!

Tracy said...

I'm not sure if my other comment posted so I wanted to let you know I love visiting your site; very uplifting and refreshing as well as nice reminders at most opportune times!

Marie said...

Such a gorgeous photo and a lovely post -- thank you!

Visiting from Camera Critters :-)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love that quote. What a beautiful picture.
Blessings,
Ginger

Anita Johnson said...

Amen to that! I love the photo... there is something about the sun in the winter that is so appreciated. Maybe because you can feel its warmth even in a photo!

Charlotte said...

What a beautiful post, and I absolutely adore the picture.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Donnie said...

What a beautiful photo and verse. Have a wonderful day.