© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Tuesday, February 22

February 22, 2011 (51/365)


Can you tell I have been doing a lot of genealogy research lately? When I came across this quote though, I was immediately transformed to my teenage years in high school. One of my sisters (I have 3) was doing some Occupational Therapy 'interning' at the nursing home up the road from us. She and I would go back after her work was done and just talk with the residents.

We would even go and sing with them and I would play the piano.

I get so very frustrated with people who do not have a respect for the older generations. (One of which I am fast becoming). So much history and so much knowledge - they have - and if we don't listen and learn - it will all be lost.

The folks above are my mother's parents. When they were first engaged (1921 on the beach). Right before they were married(1922), about their 40's(1940's on the left side) and then when they were in their 70's about 1970. My Grandpa died when he was 78. My grandma was almost 92.

How very blessed I was to have a relationship with her when I was young and married. We talked once a week on the phone (she lived in Florida). Precious memories now.

Treasure the older generations. Don't get frustrated. Be tenderhearted and compassionate.
Pretty soon we (God willing) will all be walking in their shoes.


(My dear H is still struggling. 2 Ultrasounds done yesterday. Up again most of last night. I am continuing to pray that they will find something that is fixable, so he can bounce back into his health.)

7 comments:

Karin said...

What precious thoughts and photos! So sorry to hear your H is still struggling. Praying that they'll find the right diagnosis and right treatment. God's best to you!

Tracy said...

Valarie,
Are they any closer to giving you any answers? UGH, I know it is frustrating and concerning but God will lead you to the truth and be there to support you and with strength, whatever it may be!
I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Valerie, We are both on the same wavelengths today... I did a Genealogy blog also!!!!

Great pictures and thoughts today... I love it!!!!

Hope they find out what is wrong with your husband. I know you are worried.

Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Memories are so sweet and sometimes that is all that is left.I continue to pray for your Hubby.

Stacey Dawn said...

Awesome!!!!! So Awesome!
That quote needs to be in front of every person in this world - I see so many people treating the elderly terrible....because they are elderly. Drives me crazy!

Anita Johnson said...

I love your thoughts here. This week I have my 84 year old mom with me...and she is a treasure. We continue to pray for your husband.

Anita Johnson said...

I love your thoughts here. This week I have my 84 year old mom with me...and she is a treasure. We continue to pray for your husband.