© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Sunday, January 9

January 9, 2011 (9/365)

ummm - it sounds like I am making an excuse for using another blurry image ...
but I'm not ...
really...


The image above was taken this morning. It was a perfect snowy morning - if only the flakes were a bit bigger - the grayness and blurriness is a result of the reduced visibility because of the snow. I loved how the red barn - stood out against the gray and white.

As I looked at the photo - the word that came to me was peace, calm, serenity.

Such a scary world we live in. One cannot even take a 9 year old girl to see a member of our government in hopes of inspiring her with her new role on the 3rd grade student council.

I pray that God would bless the families of all those involved in the tragedy in Arizona. May God heal the hearts, bodies and minds of those so maliciously wounded and their families. God please comfort the families of those who are no longer with us.

I know true peace will only come when Christ returns ~ but until then I pray God would enable each one of us to have our eyes, ears, and hearts opened to those around us in all situations that we might encourage them with the peace that is available to us right now - in Christ Jesus.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Amen!

Karin said...

That is a meaningful verse; I've always loved it. That is once special picture!

Tracy said...

A beautiful photo but an even more amazing reminder...I love it and thank you!

Alida said...

The Serenity prayer has long held significance in our lives. Your photo is such a great illustration of it. Thank you!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful post Valerie! Love the Serenity prayer, the picture, the scripture and I echo your prayer!!

lisaschaos said...

Nice winter shot!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Amen, Valerie... That tragedy was so senseless... Makes me cry...There are so many 'nuts' in the world... I just don't understand....

Love the Serenity Prayer... It's one of my fav's.
Hugs,
Betsy

Stacey Dawn said...

I needed that prayer today...thanks!! Beautiful barn!