© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, January 8

January 8, 2011 (8/365)


I have always wanted to take a photo on the overpass of one of our major roads that reaches from the far north to the far south in our locality. The problem is the overpass is also very busy and not a real safe spot to stand and get a photo.

This morning my youngest had a baseball practice at 7am - so I thought I would give it a shot. I know that it is blurry (I have been playing around with a lens that I have had for a while - but never really tried out: canon mark 1 50mm f 1/8), but that kind of helps with the thoughts I wanted share this morning.

There is no clarity in the dark. Sure, we can make out some lights that shine - but where is the True Light. If someone is searching for the Light in the Darkness - I have to wonder ... is my light shining bright for Christ - leading the way for one who is lost - or is it a blur, looking just like everyone else ... not standing out - in clarity - leading the way.

My mom always told me nothing good happens after dark. I've always remembered that. We don't belong in the dark - feebly groping around for what is true. But there are lots of folks who are right there - in the dark - and they don't even know it.

Unless they can see a difference in the lights that are lit - how will they know how to proceed?

7 comments:

Karin said...

One thought I've always had, that adds to yours, that there is lots of artificial lights shining brightly but they obscure the real beauty of the heavens! These fake lights give people the impression that they are not in the dark! Lots to think on for today! Have a Light drenched week-end!

Dorothy said...

This is a very thought provoking and challenging post!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

I think your Mom was right... More crime happens at night ---and I wonder what people (especially young people) are OUT at 2 a.m. in the mornings...

Great picture of the early morning lights and skyline....

Love the Thessalonians passage.

We have LOTS of snow up here this morning. Glad we don't have to get out!!!! It's pretty and the birds are feasting at the feeders and bath.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lisa said...

Oh, I pray that people will see a difference in my light. May the light of Christ shine brightly in my life for all to see.
What a great post!

Ginny said...

This is a very good picture! And I don't think it's too blurry, it has a lot of definition. Bad men do their deeds in the dark. A very good devotional.

Tracy said...

Gosh, nice post...it reminds me of the song, 'You can't be a beacon if your light don't shine...there's a little light in all of us by God's design, but you cna't be a beacon if your light don't shine'

I've always liked that song and try to remember it in my daily life...

Peggy (mazmagi) said...

Oooooo love the comments on this especially Karin's!!!

Congratulations Valerie and blessings on your photo shot of your scene in the darkness...

I hope you don't mind but I linked your blog to my SUPER SUNDAY meme!

So much darkness in this world like the abhorring tragic event in AZ...
multiplied worldwide over.

May we begin to truly shine as CHILDREN OF HIS LIGHT! Let's us turn away from being foolish and show we belong to Jesus' Light!
Shine on Valerie! I know this is not today's yet so I just linked your blog... not a specific post!

Have a SUPER SONday!!! BE BLESSED as you bless us!

Peace and JOY,
Peggy