© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Sunday, January 23

January 23, 2011 (23/365)


I don't know if it was because I was brought up in the church and have heard and learned so many scriptures in my life - but when I read the quote - immediately the verse popped into my mind as well. Sometimes I think folks - quote this verse as an excuse for the sin in their lives - "I'm no better and no worse than anyone else," but the second part of the verse - that is not very often quoted as well - is the important part. We have been given the 'way out' to become holy and enter into a relationship with God, because He made that way for us.

What decision we make at that point - is where we can glimpse our state of 'no better / no worse' than someone else.

The continued context of the passage is:

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:23-24

How very thankful I am for 'the way out.'
We are freely justified.
We are redeemed.

Thank you Lord!!


(Another photo of the same trees is here: Shimmerville/Roll )

5 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I am a sinner saved by grace,praise God.
This is a truly winter scene,and still beautiful.
Ruth

Janice K said...

Your picture reminded me of the fact that we have to die before we can be made new, which I believe happens in baptism but is repeated again at the end of our earthly lives.

Dorothy said...

Thanks be to God for sending Jesus to us, thereby providing the perfect atonement for all our sins!

Tracy said...

Awww, what a gorgeous photo...did you take this? Just stunning!
I certainly do like the quote and the verse, they fit nicely together. Aren't we fortunate to have God's grace?

Peggy (mazmagi) said...

Ohhh Valerie, I have so missed not visiting here daily first thing! I'm slowly getting caught up and back into some blogging visits!

This is a perfect one for me! The photo is absolutely gorgeous and vivid though subdued. And as always i love the combination that you have chosen for the quote and the scripture! Your message as well!

I'm so thankful that though I am a sinner and fall short of His glory, He has justified me FREELY by His aMazing Grace and His glorious Redemption!

How very true that winter alone reminds us of the human condition!
I usually think of spring only filling us with HOPE! Now I'll have to think what happens in summer and fall... which I Love the most, the autumn... I guess CHANGES and RICH colors which would mean transformation time for me... now summer, HOT... and summer fun. Nowadays that just means recourse and isolation to stay cool and out of the heat!

I did link this up to SUPER SUNDAY!
Again I hope you don't mind. I really do like the one for today as well... but already I need a rest from a new day! Guess that's siesta time or the stillness of the winter. Thank you for your artistic gift and sharing!

Peace, love and JOY,
Peggy