© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, January 21

January 21, 2011 (21/365)

(sepia tones added to photo)

Philippians 4:13 is one of those verses kids memorize as a child. I know I did. And every time I got into a tough situation in life, mom would always remind me of this verse. God gives you the strength to deal with the hard times. He is always there for comfort and strength. Cling to Him.

I needed this post today. I know God keeps His promises. I do. And I know that sometimes He doesn't answer they way I want Him to. He has a plan. I don't know all the details. But still ...

I have a war that I have been fighting in my life for over 30 years. I have clung to this verse and yet I have continued to lose every single battle. Not once have I tasted victory in this war. It wears on me - the constant struggle - feeling as though I will never win -This morning I feel very close to defeated. But I cannot surrender to the enemy.

I surrender to Christ.
To His promise I cling.
Not my time ... but His.
Not my plan ... but His.

Not my war ... it is His.
A new battle is beginning.

"I CAN do all things thru CHRIST who gives me strength."

7 comments:

Karin said...

.....stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you.....

Janice K said...

A friend sent me a beautiful card with that verse on the front when our 24 year old son died. That was over 15 years ago, and I still have it sitting on my bedroom dresser. Thank goodness when "I don't think I can or don't feel like it, HE CAN."

Lisa said...

Valerie, don't surrender to the enemy - keep fighting! You can do this through Christ's strength. I'm praying for you!!!

Dorothy said...

I pray that Christ Jesus will give you the strength you need to be victorious in your battle!
I needed to hear this today, also. I guess this is a small thing, but I have been over-weight for too many years and have now made the decision to do something about it. I have joined SparkPeople online and it's free and looks like it offers what I need to stay motivated, change my eating habits and win this battle. I'm going to cling to the Scripture of Philippians 4:13!!!
Blessings!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Rest in God,He really gives us strength as our day.
Ruth

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Yes---we do have to face adversity in life... It's how we choose to deal with that adversity is what is important.... Count on God!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Stacey Dawn said...

Praying for you...
And this is a verse I've been clinging to myself lately...