© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Thursday, January 20

January 20, 2011 (20/365)

CAN YOU FILL IT IN?

So today I am curious. I love this little spot on a curvy windy road in my hometown. When I drive by - I think how much I would just love to sit on that toppled tree and dangle my feet over the brook and just absorb the solitude. Sometimes being alone ... and having time to yourself ... can be a gift.


But, when looking for a quote and scripture to go along with this photo of this little place on the planet - I came across this quote from Judy Garland. Such a talent she had - and how unfortunate that people took advantage of her as they did. But her words struck me to the core ...

If I am a legend, then why am I so lonely?

I know we have all heard the words, "one can be lonely, even in a crowded room" and I am sure that each of us has felt that at some time or another. So how did you deal with it? Is there a scripture that comes to mind - that brings deeper meaning to the quote, or is there one that provides a way out of the loneliness. Or does this bring to mind something completely different.

We are all so different - and God has enriched our ways in so many varied ways. Your words today - may be the encouragement someone else needs. You might be an "outside the box thinker."

So, today I thought I would let you respond.
What comes to your mind, when you hear her words?

8 comments:

Janice K said...

The first that came to my mind was, "I will never leave you or forsake you." My Lord is always there.

Dorothy said...

My Step Mom was not a legend, but she was certainly lonely after my Dad died. She was one of those women who had depended completely on Dad to take care of everything but the cooking and housework. They lived ten miles from town and she didn't drive. We never thought she would live by herself out there. After the funeral, Mama visited around with several of her siblings for several days at the time. She finally realized that she would be happier at home. Many, many times I've heard her say, "It's just You and me, Lord". She found her help, her strength and her comfort in her Lord. She continued to live there (with the Lord) for seventeen years.

Lisa said...

This makes me think of the saying, "There's a God shaped hole in all of us." We try to fill that hole with everything, but only God can satisfy.

Valerie said...

Thank you so much ladies for sharing!

Janice - that is a verse that is a promise that should be constant in each one of us.

Dorthy - I too have seen that same strong spirit in my mom. Funny - the circumstances were similar - Dad did the cooking etc too! I remember after he was gone - how her time was so often spent - praying and interceding for all those who she knew were in need.

Lisa - that is a quote I need to post somewhere - how true it is that we all try to fill the loneliness with things - instead of Him.

Thank you for your comments!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Valerie, That is such a sad statement from Judy Garland. She really did have a sad life... I think we all have our own responsibility to make our lives happy. Nobody can do it for us... We have to do it ourselves.

There are times when I love being alone --and am NEVER lonely.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Sometimes it is good to be alone.Right now i often feel most alone in a crowd.Someone is missing at my side,someone I used to hold hands with.Now I call out to God to sustain me and He does.
Ruth

Karin said...

I'm like Betsy - there are definitely I want to be alone times in my life, but I'm never lonely. I'm grateful to know that as a believer I'm never truly alone! Your place looks like a lovely place to hang out alone just dreaming and thinking!

Cranberry Morning said...

How many people in the world could express that same sentiment! For without God, there is nothing of true value. And when we're all alone with just our thoughts, we know that to be true.

Thanks for visiting Cranberry Morning today and leaving that thoughtful comment!