© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Wednesday, January 19

january 19, 2011 (19/365)


I love when my yard is filled with cardinals! They are usually too far away to get a great capture - or too close to get the lighting right - thru the window and with the brightness of the snow (I have to work a bit more with my manual settings).

My first thought was the 'Birds of a Feather quote" which I found attributed to many different people back as far as the 1600's or so.

The full scripture verse (NKJ) says this:
2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers, For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

I usually think of this verse in terms of marriage. How thankful I am to have married and get to share life with a believer. As my sons grow - I pray that they too will find a fellow believer to share their lives with.

It is good to have fellowship with like minded folk - to build up, sharpen and hone one another.
I appreciate each one of you - who does that for me!

Thank you for the blessings that you are in my life!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Good Morning, Valerie,
That's a beautiful picture of your Cardinals! I grew up hearing that quote! Yes, It is certainly great to be married to someone who has the same beliefs, dreams and aims as you do! Have a great day!

Stacey Dawn said...

What a gift to have a yard full of Cardinals...

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I love the Cardinals.It is a special blessing to have a marriage partner who helps one to grow in the Lord.I know because my husband was a man such as that.
Ruth

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Love the Cardinals also, Valerie.... Yes---we all do flock together with those who believe as we do..

That's what alot of teens don't always do...They sometimes get mixed up with the wrong crowd. I was lucky in that my sons all seemed to have great friends.

Hugs,
Betsy