© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, January 14

January 14, 2011 (14/365)


This photo brought to mind - many of the usual connotations - snow - clean - pure - bath - 'wash me clean' - but as I searched for something meaningful in this photo - it was this quote that struck me - as I read it this morning.

A couple of days ago I filled the bird feeders and yes ... the next day the deer had eaten everything except what was in the highest feeder :( But the highest feeder is the one the cardinals like - and there were perhaps 4 pairs (male and female) flitting and floating all over. I lucked out in this capture - as this one 'fell' into the snow and was attempting to get out.

I can't help but think ... Isn't that just like us ... well I guess I should speak for myself. Isn't that just like me. I fall - and instead of just trying to get up gracefully and not draw attention to myself - I make a bigger mess than is necessary.

I can see my path in the snow very clearly. A straight line of little footsteps - with the big steps of my parents walking with me. Yes and just like the footprints story - at times my feet disappear and only my parents are there as they carried me for a bit.

As my feet got bigger, my tracks are more solitary - but with many 'messes' as I learned from my mistakes. Often times their are huge battlefields in the snow - where I just couldn't get back up on my feet. Wow, sometimes I really made a mess. I think I made it worse - because I tried to make excuses for the failing - instead of just dealing with it and getting up.

Yes, this quote has deep meaning for me. And as I think of those who will come behind me - I need to realize I need to be a better example as I lead the way. Oh I know they will fall into the same traps - and maybe some different ones, as they create their paths - and in the same way I am continuing to learn from my mistakes - I pray that they will learn as well.

But most of all I pray they will remember that they are never alone:

I surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age. ~Matthew 28: 20b

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

If only I could have 'gotten' this message in my youth and clung to it, maybe I wouldn't have wandered down so many wrong paths.

Karin said...

Yes, HE is with us always! Beautiful post with deep meaning. Thanks!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

I answered this one on your other post.. BUT--I did forget to say that I love the picture of the Cardinal.. PERFECT.
Hugs,
Betsy

Joan said...

Valerie - I am so enjoying your photographs, the quotes, and Bible verses.

This is a beautiful post - I also wish I had "got it" at a younger age.

By the way - I may have a tip that will help on your bird feeders. Mix some crushed red pepper flakes in with the seed. It doesn't hurt the birds, but mammals won't touch it. I have to use it to keep the squirrels and raccoons from my feeders.

Blessings,
Joan