© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Monday, January 10

January 10, 2011 (10/365)


My first thought when I saw these trees (this past Saturday), was our October Storm in 2006. We were not ready for winter on October 12 2006, we were not ready for snow. (I know many of you know the story and remember the devastation of our trees when the snow caught us with our leaves on - if you aren't familiar with it you can read about it HERE as we still see reminders of not being ready).

So when I saw these trees, I thought I can't believe they still have all of their leaves on, and I hope they make it thru the winter without too many broken branches.

Yes my first thought was the word "READY."

I searched for a scripture and found the Titus passage touching my heart this morning. It was something I needed to read today and need to pray about. Here it is in it's entirety . . .

"Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.

He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone." Titus 3:1-8

Verses 9-11 are important too. Here is the link to BIBLEGATEWAY where I copied the passage from.

The quote is actually the title of a song we used to sing in the church I group up in -

Are you living a life of readiness?
I've got some work to do.

6 comments:

viel said...

your photos are very excellent. thanks for the visit!

Lisa said...

I've got some work to do too! I want to be ready, in season and out.
Thanks for another great post!

Karin said...

Always good idea to ask ourselves that question. Interesting photo of the poplars standing at attention!

Tracy said...

Valarie, an excellent post and a very good question. My first thought is, I don't know if I'm ready but I would actually say that my heart is right. It reminded me of the song, 'I can only Imagine' by MercyME....

I always think it's a thing we need to strive for...

Joyfull said...

Great reminder and encouragement to be ready always with our eyes on the Lord. Love the picture!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Valerie, The thing which caught my attention was to be 'gentle' to everyone. I'm not much of a gentle person --and need to work on that!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy