© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Saturday, January 1

January 1, 2011 (1/365)

Welcome to Intelligent Expressions 2011!
Happy New Year!


Last year each post contained: 1 photo, 1 scripture, and 1 quote every day. My goal for this year is similar - I plan to post one photo everyday, but I will leave the rest of what it includes . . . to how the project comes together each day.

I am praying that this year, each one of us will grow closer to God in ways that will allow us to bring Glory to Him in all that we do. This is just a small part . . . to help me ponder and . . . to perhaps inspire others to think about Him, what He has said, what He has done, and what He has promised. I appreciate any of your thoughts as you read - they help me to think deeper as well!

As we start this new year, I wanted a photo that represented New Beginnings. This one - I took of a sunrise a few miles down the road from my home in April of 2010.

Being totally honest here, can I say I really have a problem with New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I think those of you who have lost someone close may understand best why I feel this way. I feel like every year at this time - I have to say good bye all over again, as we move one more year away from the last time i was able to share in their company. I feel like I am leaving them further and further behind.

It is also one more step on the road to independence for my children.
And of course one more year closer to the end of my life.

I know there are bright sides to all of those situations - it is just hard for me to think past the sad sometimes. And that is why I wanted to post this -

It is a reminder to me. Even though we start a new - it really is just a continuation of who we are. And we are ... who we are ... because of those who we have loved and the influences they have had on our lives. We carry them with us. and ...

HE is with us - thru it all.
He promised.
He keeps His promises!

What an awesome God we serve. I am looking forward to seeing how He will work thru each one of us in this year ahead.


12 comments:

Karin said...

You are so right - all these special days and milestones come with mixed emotions for me as well! But He will never leave us or forsake us! I cling to that!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Happy New Year.... We are on Central time --so we have about 10 minutes to wait 'til our midnight....

Beautiful post, Valerie... LOVE it.

Just think---it's 1/1/11.... WOW!

Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth said...

To me a new year is a new start.Yes,it is another day more that my loved one is away from me,yet,is he really away?I feel him in my heart today,as much as ever.The memories will live on,of Jake,my parents,his parents and many others.

Kerri said...

Beautiful image! Happy New Year!

Dorothy said...

Good morning, Valerie! I look forward to seeing your beautiful post for the year of 2011.
Blessings!

Peggy (mazmagi) said...

Blessed New Year Valerie,

I'm definitely with you on NYE and NYD being bitter sweet but holding on
to God's Promises and the one you have chosen is beautiful!

I think I pondered more of the quote from H.G.Wells... yet God's Word holds more Comfort as we step into one more year closer to our end, further from those who have gone before us or closer if they knew Jesus, which we all pray and hope. Certainty... or uncertainty,
a new dawn... a new hope... or bidding farewell to an old hope or dream.

I pray that each new dawn brings us Light, Grace and Mercy as we awaken to more of God's truth and wonder!

Wonderful beginning...beautiful sunrise (you could almost touch it)
photo... real thoughts, great quote and scripture... good message to ponder. Thank you for opening up my new year with a new glimpse of God's Word and wonder!

Peace and joy,
Peggy

Marydon said...

How beautiful your thoughts to ponder, Valerie. TY for visiting me, I'll be following you.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Anita Johnson said...

I'm looking forward to sharing your photographic journey with you again this year! Happy New Year!

lemon123 said...

I can appreciate your Spiritual Sunday blog entry. For a long time I thought New Years Eve was the saddest time of the year. I never wanted to welcome the New Year in. The singing of Auld Lang Syne, although very beautiful, would make me cry. The people kissing in the streets as if it were there last goodbye saddened me too.

For the first time this New Years Eve I decided to be up. I wanted to welcome in whatever the year held for me. I am learning our walk through life with God is an adventure. One that is sometimes sad as well as joyous. Thank you for your quotes, scriptures and photos each week. I hope to return again and again.

Virginia said...

Such a lovely picture and verse. ... What a great photo.
May this coming year outshine the beauty inside us!
Happy New Year!
Virginia

Donnie said...

The holidays are always sad because everyone of us have lost loved ones and we wish they could be here with us. I believe they are with me as I hope I will be with my family when I depart. In their hearts and memories.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. A photo and scripture a day sounds great. I think that's hard to beat.
Blessings to you as you look ahead to what the Lord will do in your life in this new year.
Charlotte