© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Thursday, December 23

357/365


Did you ever wonder - if we would still collect manger scenes if they were like the real one. Ours are always clean and neat - some are sparkly and richly painted - and yet the reality was a crude and dirty animal home. I wonder if it was cold?

Since we don't really know the date of this great event (or season) and I am not familiar with the climate in that area - I often wonder ... were they cold? Were they hungry?

I know women have been "birthin' babies" since Eve - but it brings tears to my eyes when I think of a young teenage girl, with her new husband, who had kept her pure thru out her pregnancy . . . delivering the Savior of the world. I delivered 3 babies (they were 10lbs 10oz, 10lbs even and 7lbs 15.5oz) and I know, I would not have survived out in a stable all alone with only my husband to help me thru the delivery process - and he is not a carpenter but a farmer who was brought up around animals and such things.

But we can't lose sight of the fact that God was in the midst - and he was not going to let anything happen to them, that he didn't want to happen. He had a plan for this Son of His. A plan that includes you and me - and all of his children.

As we approach our Day of Celebration - I pray that God will be in the midst of your gatherings and festivities. I pray we keep our eyes on Him, Who He is and What He has done - more so than the gifts under the tree and the treats on the tables.

May God be glorified thru our celebrations and in our lives.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wonderful post! I love what you wrote! I wonder some of the same things you do. I imagine it was cold, dirty and that they were probably hungry. However, like you said, God had a plan and he takes good care of His own. I like to think that His birth was not as painful to Mary as the ones we experienced. Thanks for your posts...they make us think and draw us closer to Jesus.
Merry Christmas!

Karin said...

Amen! I've had those same thoughts many a time. Merry Christmas!

Anita Johnson said...

Beautiful post! Merry Christmas to you!

Stacey Dawn said...

oooh - haven't seen that quote before - awesome one!

Merry Christmas!