© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Sunday, December 5

339/365

Another lesson I wish I could take to heart and make it a part of who I am.

I am a fly off the handle, go crazy, lose my temper, get frustrated, way too easily kind of person. Perhaps that is why I like the calm of the early morning, when everyone is asleep and nothing disturbs me. And I love the silence and stillness of a freshly fallen snow. This is a SOOC (in color) shot (with the exception of adding the words) of my backyard Saturday (yesterday) morning. The snow blankets everything in a little cocoon of black and white stillness, it is all quiet and calm -

How I pray for my heart and my mind to be still and know - that God is God.
He is in control, He loves my kids more than I do, and if He can let go and let them make their own choices, then I have to do the same, no matter how hard it is.

My heart breaks as I watch them making the choices that they do . . .
Today I am praying God will give me the strength to keep praying for them and to cling to the knowledge that He wants none to perish. I continue to cling to the wisdom of Proverbs 22:6 and pray God will bring someone into their lives that will bring them to the realization that God is the One worthy of devoting your life too - in all ways.

9 comments:

Ruth said...

This is indeed a picture of peace,I pray that the peace of God will rest in you.God can and does work in the hearts of our children.
Blessings,Ruth

Dorothy said...

Beautiful post! It reminded me of a time when my husband was called to go and talk with a very distraught family member. I asked him if he wanted me to go with him or stay here. He said he would appreciate it if I would go with him because I seemed to have a calming effect on people. I was flattered by his remark! I love calm and peace!

LDH said...

I am right there with you ~ praying the same for my youngest.

Even as bloggers we share a common bond and desires as sisters in Christ. I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy your posts so much!

Karin said...

That is another peaceful photo! I usually found that when my dad flew off the handle, it actually created in me a desire to be my own person and not submit to his tirades. Hard times with teens isn't it!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Fabulous post, Valerie... YES---a snowfall just cleans up the earth and does CALM things down.. That's another reason I love snow so much... BUT--we just don't get that much down here. We are having flurries today--but that's it.. It's cold though...

Even to this day, I worry about and pray for my 3 sons (who are now 47, 40 and 39)... It's hard --but I did the best I could with them, and then turned it all over to God.... Good Luck to you!!! You will make it through those teen years--even though they are not always easy.

Hugs,
Betsy

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Thank-you for sharing your heart. This scripture and picture are perfect for you post today.
God Bless,
Ginger

sarah said...

love this photo...and with the kids...this too shall pass. Someone used to tell me that all that time...I found out...they were right.

Donnie said...

I had to tell myself "Let go and Let God" so many times when my sons were young. They are now 38 and 41 and have grown in fine, God fearing men. Not through my doing but Gods and their lovely wives. Have faith.

Stacey Dawn said...

Beautifully done - and I'm praying for your kids too - and for me to also know to Be still and know that He IS God!