© 2009-2016 VAcee ~ All Rights Reserved
The photographs on this website are the sole property of the photographer and may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent.
Please ask for permission if you would like to use them.

Friday, November 19

323/365

My first thought when I saw this photo - was the Twila Paris Song called "Hold On" (embedded below)

I have several friends and acquaintances going thru some extremely hard times right now. A young couple with 3 children lost their home, 2 dogs and all their possessions in a tragic house fire. A long time friend, just a couple of years older than me, diagnosed with the kind of cancer that took my mom. A colleague's grand mom hit by a car and killed while crossing the street in front of her home. Several folks have lost spouses and children in the last month.

When nothing is as we understand or would like it to be - we cling to the one who is constant, steady and faithful - L O V E

God is Love. Love will never pass away. God will always be the constant.


If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.
But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.


The video has the words in a foreign language - but her voice is so clear you can understand the words perfectly.

Hold On my friends ... hold on ...

6 comments:

Ruth said...

WHat an uplifting and encouraging post.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth

Karin said...

Yes, keep holding on and know that HE is holding on to you!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Beautiful, Valerie... Life can be tough for all of us at times... And just think of those who may be suffering --whom we don't know about...

Tie a big knot in that rope and HANG ON.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

I like the picture, the quote and the scripture!!! The video was pretty, too.

Anita Johnson said...

I love the verses you used here and the Twila Paris song was beautiful, a new one to me. Have a great weekend!

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Wonderful words. Prayers are coming your way.

Darryl and Ruth : )